How do I forward my RCI email to another address?
To set a forwarding address for an RCI account, go to RCI webmail, located at http://webmail.rci.rutgers.edu and log in with your NetID and password.
- Click on the link at the lop of the page that says "Webtools".
- Under "Setup", click on the link labelled "forward".
- Click on the link labelled "Setup forward".
- A message will appear stating the current status of mail forwarding on your account. For most people, this would be
You currently have no mail forwarding file
- In the box labelled "Email address", type the address to which you would like your RCI mail to be forwarded. Make sure there are no typos in the address, or your mail may get forwarded to someone else's account or to a non-existent address.
- If you wish to keep a copy of the messages on your RCI account, check the box by "Copy to my local account." NOTE: We strongly recommend that most users do not do this. If you regularly read your mail on another account, keeping copies of mail in your RCI account will eventually cause you to reach your quota limit, after which mail can no longer be accepted by you. In those few cases where someone will temporarily read mail at another address but will return to reading mail on the system a short time later, this option would be useful and should not cause a problem.
- Click the "Submit" button when you are through.
- The message
Thank you NetID Your new forward file was created.
will appear. You may then close your web browser window, or move on to another site. There is no need to log out of the webtools.
If, in step 2, you see the message
You currently have a supported mail forwarding file
a checkbox will appear along with the address to which you are currently forwarding mail.
- If you want to change the address, uncheck the checkbox and type the new address in the "Email address" box.
- If you want to forward mail to an additional account, leave the checkbox checked and type the new address in the "Email address" box.
- If you want to stop keeping a copy of mail on RCI, leave the forwarding address checkbox alone but uncheck the box by "Copy to my local account."
Click the "Submit" button when you are through.
You may also turn off mail forwarding by selecting the "Disable forwarding" link when you first enter the forwarding web tool.
Still have a question?
Didn't find what you were looking for? Do you still have a question you need an answer to? Just click here to send us a message, and a memeber of our staff will contact you shortly.