How do I run the ipconfig command from the run menu?
There are two ways to run the ipconfig command or its equivalent, depending on the version of Windows that is installed on your computer.
For Windows 2000/NT/XP/7:
- Click on the Start Menu, and then Run.
- In the Run box, type "cmd" and hit Enter.
- This will open a command prompt. Type "ipconfig" and hit Enter.
- The command prompt will display the results of the command.
For Windows 8:
- Simply press "Win + R"
- type "cmd" as a command, and press "OK" or "Enter" to access the command line.
- This will open a command prompt. Type "ipconfig" and hit Enter, and you will get the information.
Still have a question?
Didn't find what you were looking for? Do you still have a question you need an answer to? Just click here to send us a message, and a memeber of our staff will contact you shortly.